When you need some quick cash, you might be considering pawning something of value. This is a smart move for many people, as a pawn loan is one of the safest options out there when times are tough financially. However, if you’re new to pawning and are unfamiliar with how pawn shops work, or what kind of items you can pawn, we can help with some handy information on how to obtain a pawn shop loan.
First, you need to understand that every pawn shop is different. Pawnshops are reflections of the communities that they serve, so what is popular in one region of the country might not be in high demand in other places. For example, in some states, saddles are popular items to pawn, while in other states, a saddle would be a poor choice to pawn, because of low demand.
Next, pawn shops can make a cash loan against the value of pretty much anything! Here at Central Mega Pawn, we are always interested in things like:
- Musical Instruments
- Sporting goods
- Jewelry (even broken jewelry!)
Plus, so much more! Generally, the cleaner and more complete your item, the more we may be able to loan. The best way to get an idea of the type of things we can lend money on is to visit us.
Why are some advantages of a pawn loan in the first place?
Your local pawn shop is the best place near you when you need a cash loan. This is because:
- Pawn shops are part of your community – unlike big banks, pawnshops can be flexible with interest rate and loan terms. Pawnshops like Central Mega Pawn have your best interest in mind. It is our mission to go above and beyond every time.
- No applications or credit checks – you will not have to fill out an application, then wait for approval while your bills continue to pile up. Nor will you have to submit to a credit check. With a pawn loan, you come into our shop in need and leave with cash in hand in minutes.
- Pawn loans are safe – a pawn shop will not loan you more money than you can realistically expect to pay back. In fact, according to the National Pawnbrokers Association, a majority of people who take out a pawn loan repay them on time. This makes it more likely that you will repay your loan and regain possession of your item.
- Pawn loans do not affect your credit – because your pawn loan is secured by the value of an item that you own, there is no need for it to affect your credit. This is significant because a low credit score can harm your chances of qualifying for fundamental things like housing and employment.
How it works
- 1. You bring us your item plus your identification
- 2. Our professionals evaluate the monetary value of your item and will offer a loan based on that value
- 3. We carefully go over the loan terms with you and will be happy to answer any questions and make sure you understand the offer
- 4. Get your cash!
- 5. You repay your loan and reclaim your item! If you cannot repay, we simply keep your item and resell it, with no additional penalty to you.
How do I pawn an item to get cash?
- Do your homework – Before you bring us your item, do your research to find out how much you can expect it to be appraised for. You can look at recent sales on sites like eBay, or other person-to-person sites or apps. The more informed you are, the easier the process will be for you.
- Clean it up – Whatever you plan on bringing in, make it look as clean and presentable as possible. The goal is to make your item appealing. The easier you make it for us to resell potentially, the more willing we will be to offer you a loan against its value.
- Gather all the pieces – depending on what kind of item you are bringing in, the more complete it is, the more value it has. Meaning, original packing, manuals, remotes, cables, etc., all go a long way in increasing the value of your item. Before you come in, make an effort to find all the pieces it came with when it was new.
- Be realistic – Once you’ve got an idea of the value of your item, figure on an offer of about 40 – 60% of that number. Most pawnshops will be willing to negotiate, but they must make a profit on every item in the shop to keep their doors open. Every article needs to be in good working order, a current or recent model, and clean. Also, keep in mind that no reputable pawn shop will be willing to loan money on the value of stolen goods.
Why is Central Mega Pawn the right choice?
Chances are, there are many pawn shops near you. How do you know which is the right one for your needs? At Central Mega Pawn, we are eager to earn your trust and your business. Here are a few reasons why we should be your #1 choice when you are looking to pawn an item for a quick cash loan:
- Customer satisfaction and safety is our #1 priority
- We have the resources to help you no matter your situation
- We are a trusted member of our community
For over twenty-five years, Central Mega Pawn has been the pawnshop of choice for people throughout the Inland Empire. We have the experience and resources to help you get the cash you need in minutes. If you need some quick money, take a look around your home and turn them into the funds you need.
We are proud to serve our community and abide by all federal and state regulations. Visit us today to see how we can help you!