It’s true! At Central Mega Pawn, we are always looking for unique ways to serve our community, and to go above and beyond our customer’s expectations. To that end, we are proud to offer custom jewelry services. Jewelry is the perfect medium to do everything from expressing yourself to proposing marriage. In this day and age, where mass-production has resulted in everything looking alike, having a custom piece of jewelry made is a way for you to stand out subtly and tastefully.
Although all pawn shops buy, sell and pawn jewelry, very few offer custom jewelry service or even ring sizing. We are proud to provide this service to our community and to make custom jewelry affordable and convenient for everyone. Our talented and experienced in-house jeweler can do everything from custom fitting an engagement ring to working with you to create your dream piece.
What are some benefits of custom jewelry?
A high-quality piece of jewelry is great to have, but a custom piece can carry significant meaning. Here are some benefits of having a hand in designing and creating custom jewelry with Central Mega Pawn’s in-house jeweler:
- Sentiment – Custom jewelry has immense emotional value, primarily when the item is meant as an engagement ring or another special gift. If you are giving a custom piece, you can incorporate design elements that are specific to you and your relationship. Giving someone a piece of jewelry that they know was created just for them will instantly make the item something to treasure for a lifetime.
- Control – If you’ve looked everywhere but can’t seem to find the perfect piece, custom jewelry is the answer. Our jeweler will work with you to design the exact piece you want. No more scouring the web or dealing with ridiculous retail store mark up.
- Creativity – Working with our jeweler to create a custom piece is truly an exciting experience. You can design something that is not only meaningful to you, but that is one-of-a-kind. Or, if you’d prefer to incorporate design elements from multiple styles of jewelry, we can do that as well. Your limit is your imagination.
What you should know about custom jewelry
While the idea of designing a perfect piece of jewelry is undeniably exciting, there are essential factors to consider, regardless of if you decide to use our talented in-house jeweler. Here are some things you should know about the process before you get started dreaming of your custom piece.
Always work with a professional
Anytime you are considering having a piece of custom jewelry designed and created, be sure that you are dealing with an expert. Some jewelers have minimal capabilities but still, promise to deliver unique pieces. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or to keep searching for the right jeweler. Regardless of the type of jewelry you are having made, you want it to be the best it can be. Our in-house jeweler will be happy to answer any questions that you might have about their experience, qualifications, and past work.
Keep the benefits in mind
Designing your custom piece and translating it to your jeweler can sometimes be a frustrating experience. It can be challenging to describe exactly what you want, and the process may take longer than you anticipated. In addition to the benefits described above, keep the following in mind if the quest to design and create your custom jewelry becomes daunting:
- You are investing in something for you or someone you love that reflects your personality and individuality.
- Your design may need to go through a few drafts before you arrive at the perfect version.
- Your custom piece will be the only one of its kind in existence.
- The time you put into creating something like an engagement ring can be an excellent opportunity to reflect on your relationship and remember why your loved one is so special.
Realize that there are some trade-offs when it comes to custom jewelry
Although there are numerous undeniable advantages and benefits of designing and creating custom jewelry at Central Mega Pawn, there are some trade-offs that you would do well to keep in mind:
- Cost – Because our jeweler puts their time, talent, and experience into creating your custom piece, your item might be a little more expensive than an item that you’ll find ready to go in our display case. However, the cost will vary depending on the intricacy of the design and its elements.
- Time – A custom piece takes time to design, plan, and create. Some pieces can even take months. So, if the item you are creating is intended for a time-sensitive special occasion, such as a marriage proposal, graduation, or anniversary, you may need to start far in advance.
- Repeat visits – You may need to meet with our jeweler a handful of times to create, edit, and finalize the design throughout the process.
- You will not get to see or inspect the custom piece until it is finished.
How the process works
The design stage of the process varies from one jeweler to another. However, generally, a piece of custom jewelry starts with you sketching out the idea. Or, you might collect images of the design elements that you want. Then, you bring your ideas to our in-house jeweler, and they will begin working with you to perfect the design. We will go over every detail of the process with you before getting started on your custom-made article of jewelry.
Why you should visit Central Mega Pawn for your custom jewelry
Our jeweler has over twenty years of experience in repairing, sizing, designing, and creating custom made jewelry pieces. They can guide you in creating that perfect piece that will be part of you or your loved one’s collection for the rest of their lives. Not to mention, you will find your diamonds, gems, and precious metals at a fraction of retail and dealer’s prices when you source Central Mega Pawn for all your jewelry needs.