In a very short amount of time, Apple watches have gone from fashion statements to a must-have for many people. They can perform numerous vital functions, and many depend on them to stay in touch, monitor their health, and, of course, tell accurate time. However, the hefty price tag on brand-new Apple watches is still a concern for many people interested in obtaining one. If this sounds familiar, you might be wondering where to get a great deal on a like-new Apple watch or where to get the most amount of money if you have one that you want to sell. At Central Mega Pawn, we aim to help our community, so we have compiled a guide to buying, selling, or pawning an Apple watch at your local pawnshop:
Buying an Apple watch
Your local pawn shop is an excellent place to save money on all kinds of goods, from electronics to jewelry. Apple watches are no exception! When you buy an Apple watch from your local pawnbroker, you avoid retail mark up and will not have to deal with shipping or unscrupulous sellers. That said, it is still up to you, the buyer, to do your due diligence when shopping for an Apple watch. Here are some ways to ensure that you are buying an authentic Apple watch in top condition:
- Confirm it is the model series you want – Apple watches have made great leaps and bounds in sophistication since they came out in 2014. However, their general look and style have remained relatively consistent. Therefore, it can be easy to accidentally buy the wrong model if it is not clearly labeled.
- Make sure the watch can pair with your iPhone – your local pawnbroker will have done everything necessary to ensure that the Apple watch has been disconnected from its previous owner’s accounts. Still, you should confirm that your phone is compatible with the watch.
- Pay more attention to the face than the straps – the straps on an Apple Watch can be changed easily and economically changed to fit your tastes. The face, on the other hand, cannot.
- Do your homework – before you visit your local pawnshop to look for your Apple watch, research the current market value for the model that you want. You can get a general idea of the cost by researching recent sales on auction or person-to-person sales apps. This information will give you an idea of your budget and help you recognize a fair price when you see it.
Selling your Apple watch
If it is time to say goodbye to your Apple Watch, you have many options of places and methods to sell it. However, before you post it online or on a person-to-person sales app, you should consider selling it to your local pawnshop. Selling your Apple watch at a pawn shop will take all the headache out of trying to sell it through other ways, and you will get cash in hand in minutes. There’s no waiting for payments to clear or dealing with demanding buyers. Here’s how to get the most for your Apple watch at your local pawnshop:
- Unpair your watch and reset it to factory settings – don’t make the common mistake of erasing your watch and thinking it is ready to go. Here’s how to unpair and reset:
- 1. With your watch nearby, open the “Apple Watch” app on your phone
- 2. Tap “My Watch” at the bottom of the screen, then tap the name of your watch near the top of the screen
- 3. Tap the little “i” icon to the right of your watch name, then tap “Unpair Apple watch”. The app will walk you through the rest of the process.
Pawning your Apple watch
Your Apple watch can be a lifeline if you need a small, safe, and convenient cash loan. Pawn loans are smart alternatives to other forms of cash loans, such as payday advances or advances on a credit card. The guidelines for pawning an Apple watch are similar to selling, with the following additions:
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate – unlike all other forms of reselling your Apple watch, your local pawnbroker has room to negotiate on price, or even loan terms, in some cases. However, we understand that negotiating is something that many people shy away from, which is why we created a handy guide to negotiating at your local pawnshop, available here.
- Don’t be afraid to walk out – if you cannot reach terms that work for both sides of the transaction, or if you feel that you are being pressured to sell or accept a price, don’t be afraid to walk out and try another shop! Any pawnshop worth your business will not pressure you, and you can easily find another shop who will treat you with respect.
- Pay your loan on time – if you want your Apple watch back after you have repaid your loan, be sure to make payments on time and that you carefully read the terms of your loan.
As you can see, your local pawnshop offers outstanding flexibility when it comes to buying, selling, or pawning an Apple watch. If you live in the Inland Empire or any of the surrounding communities, visit us today to see how we can help you get the most for your Apple watch!